Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bottom Lash Mascara-Yes, I'm Crazy!


"I need WHAT?"  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  Was she serious?  I mean really, I was going to need yet another product?  Uh uh...no way, no how.

Flash forward 2 weeks and I'm meekly pushing my purchase forward at the register in Sephora.  I couldn't believe I'd been reduced to this.  BOTTOM LASH MASCARA.  It's bad enough, that I'm on the never ending search for my Holy Grail mascara, but now I had been reduced to purchasing BOTTOM LASH MASCARA! The poor sales girl smiles at me and all I can manage is a strained grimace.  This stuff better do the trick.

I have the mixed blessing of having decent lashes, with my lower lashes being maybe too long.  Coupled with the fact that my under eye area is rather oily, it doesn't matter what I do, I always end up with mascara smears under my eyes.  Powder will extend the life of my makeup, but the sacrifice is an emphasis on my fine lines (that may not be so fine anymore).  Hmmmm....mascara smears or wrinkles, neither is acceptable.  So off to Sephora I went.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara is one of those products you don't think you need until you try it. The price isn't really all that bad $10, but yes it is yet another product in your ever expanding arsenal.  What I really like, is that it stays in place.  The longest test I've done with it is a 16 hour day and it didn't budge. It washed of easily, with no smudges under my eyes in the morning from the bits I left behind.
 The wand is super small, which at first irritated me.  Then I used it.  Duh! Of course it's small, I'm doing my bottom lashes.  So much easier to get all those fine little lashes with a little wand.  No cleaning up under the eyes is necessary.  The formula is thin and just a bit glossy.  Love it!  It emphasizes my lower lashes without making me look like a racoon.

Before finding Bottom Lash mascara, I had taken to not wearing any mascara on my lower lashes.  I can get away with this, because like I mentioned earlier, I do have some length down there, but lets be honest, it looked like I forgot to finish my makeup.  Does everyone need two mascaras?  Probably not.  If you're happy with how your mascara performs on your lower lashes, you can save your money.  If you're like me and always frustrated at the end of the day to see those smears under your eyes, give it a try.  I think you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment