Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 2011 Birchbox-OMG! Such Awesomeness!

What is Birchbox? Birchbox is a membership service that delivers 4-5 deluxe size beauty samples to your door monthly. The cost is $10/month and that includes the shipping and handling. If you like what they send you, you have the option of purchasing full sizes on their website, many of them with free shipping. Membership also includes access to their website, which is loaded with beauty tutorials and the latest in beauty information. 

I'll be honest with you, the last couple of Birchboxes that I've received had me doubting my subscription.  Not any more!  June's box was amazing. I won't keep you in suspense, here is a picture of my Birchbox in all it's amazing glory!


In case you were wondering, yes that is a FULL SIZE Laura Geller Baked Blush N' Brighten! Oh, and that Kiehls bottle, it's full of a their brand new oil-free moisturizer.  What can I say?  This was a box of greatness!  Well at least for $10!  Remember though, each box is customized to the indivdual.  My box may be different then the one you or others receive.

This month's theme was summer travel and vacation-ready products.  I think each product was a home run and something that I or Miss S will be using on a regular basis. 

Xen-Tan Deep Bronze Luxe is a self tanner that has a reputation for being natural looking and easy to apply (lotion is tinted for easy application).  I have wanted to try it, but at $39 for a 8 fl oz bottle I was holding off.   I haven't tried the Xen-Tan yet, but my 1 fl oz sample will be getting some good use before my next holiday!

Kiehls Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion is a brand new addition to the well respected Ultra Facial line.  This lotion hasn't even hit the stores yet, but it's sitting on Miss S's vanity as we speak.  Poor Miss S, suffers from eczema and oily skin.  Most lotions are either too heavy or too light.  This oil free lotion is neither.  It moisturizers her skin without exacerbating either problem.  A full size bottle will cost $24.50 for 125 ml's.  The Birchbox sample was 30 ml's and after 1 weeks use, Miss S still has a good amount left.  Definitely a product I will be purchasing.

This months perfume sample was Kate Spade's Twirl.  It comes in a mini spray sample bottle thingy (it must have a real name, I just don't know it!). Twirl is a nice fruity scent that smells bright and cheerful.  A 1.7 fl oz bottle will run you $65 and the  Birchbox sample is a generous 0.05 fl oz.

Of course my favorite by far is the full size Laura Geller Baked Blush N' Brighten.  This is a four in 1 product that works with almost every skin tone.  It can be used wet or dry.  It works as a blush, bronzer, eyeshadow and/or highlighter. This has a bit more shimmer then I usually like, but I've been having a lot of fun with it.  The retail price is $29.50 and the cost of my Birchbox was only $10!  Woo Hoo! SCORE!

Last but not least are the Herban Essentials Orange Towelettes.  These are very cool, handy little germ-killing hands wipes.  They smell amazing and they don't contain any alcohol. Orange essential oil is a very effective antimicrobial and antiseptic.  A full size box contains 20 towelettes for $15 and the June Birchbox was packed with 2 of these delicious smelling hand wipes.  Goodbye germ gel!

Rumor has it that July's box is going to be even better!  I can't wait!

2 comments: