Thursday, May 26, 2011

5 Must Haves For Your Travel Makeup Bag (and 3 nice to haves)

I just got back from Vegas and boy did I learn a lesson; I seriously over pack.  Clothes were not the issue, but makeup was (oh and shoes too, but that's another story).  I had visions of doing all kinds of looks that I never have time for at home.  Looks that you can't get away with anywhere other then Vegas (think glitter liner and false lashes). 

I did not take into account that I simply wouldn't have the time to spend on my makeup.  Sure, I could of, if I really wanted to push it, but something had to give and my desire to shop wasn't going to budge.  Day and night I kept my look simple and it worked.

The MUST haves... 
  1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation-This product was new for me and am I ever glad I discovered it.  On the day I flew to Las Vegas I applied it at 6am and 18 hours later it was still going strong.  I'm not exaggerating it looked as great in the morning as it did when I stumbled into my hotel room at midnight. Yeah, I know, early by Vegas standards
  2. Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder-Supposedly this is the stuff Oprah uses.  Considering I'm quite a bit pastier then her, I can confidently say this powder will work for everyone.  I buff it into my skin in the morning and it keeps oil at bay all day.  Lightly dusted under my eyes, my eyeliner doesn't smudge.
  3. Urban Decay Naked Palette-I've talked about this before, so I won't beat a dead horse, but it provided me with every look I used in Vegas.  Day or night this palette holds it's own.
  4. Fusion Beauty LipFusion Color Shine-Dream  -Love Fusion Beauty lip glosses, just wish they didn't cost so much.  Buxom lip glosses are a great alternative, but they don't have a color that can compete with DreamDream is the color of my lips only intensified.  It was dark enough to pull off a night look, but because it was the same tone as my lips, it still worked during the day.
  5. Buxom Buxom Mascara-By now you all know I love this mascara.  When you have something that works this perfectly, why would you need anything else (including falsies)?
In addition to those 5 items I had 3 items I used everyday, but in all honesty they were luxuries and I easily could of gotten away without having them.

The Nice to haves...
  1. Stila One Step Correct- A great moisturizer, primer and color corrector in one.  I'm on my third bottle of this and love it. 
  2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter- The perfect liquid highlighter.  The only highlighter I have ever used that doesn't look like glitter or disco gone bad on my face. 
  3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion-The first and only eyeshadow primer I have ever used.  It provides an amazing base for your shadows and never creases or fades.
Just in time for summer vacations, I hope you find my list helpful.  Of course I haven't mentioned skincare...

No comments:

Post a Comment