Friday, May 27, 2011

May Birchbox

I wish I could say I was excited about this months Birchbox.  I could barely generate enough enthusiasm to tell you about it.  So I'll keep it short and sweet (yeah right!).

Inside the box I found...
  • Jouer Mini Tinted Lip Enhancer-described as, "a satiny moisturizer loaded with healing vitamin E and shea butter, plus plumping peptides" its basically a super sheer lip jelly.  The color I got was Bellini and in the tube it was really promising, on the lips it essentially disappeared.  It certainly doesn't plump in the way that LipFusion or Buxom lip glosses do.  Still, it was a nice sized color sample from a high end line.  I did notice on You Tube that a lot of people got full sized Stila eyeshadows in lieu of the Lip Enhancer-lucky them.
  • Bulgari Mon Jamin Noir- the latest fragrance from Bulgari.   I've heard it described as smelling like an "old lady", but I think it's quite nice, if not a bit heavy.  What does that say about me?  Has as a nice scent of jasmine and its not overly fruity like a lot of the newer scents. I love the ads, think they are super sexy and Kirsten Dunst looks amazing. The sample was the mini spray kind, which I do like. 
  • Erno Laszlo Transphuse Night Serum-this line has been around forever.  Erno Laszlo was Audrey Hepburn's favorite skincare line and anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE Ms Hepburn.  However the Erno Laszlo line is obnoxiously priced and I don't believe it lives up to the hype or its price.  A one oz. bottle of the serum retails for $190.  Trust me, there is nothing in that serum that makes it worth that price.  The sample was nice at a tenth of an ounce.  It more then paid for this months box.
  • Archipelago Pomegranate Soap- a triple milled soap that is loaded with antioxidant rich pomegranate, white tea, cranberry and chamomile extracts.  It's a nice size travel bar (think hotel sample).  I have heard a lot of people hate the scent, but I think it smells refreshing. 
This months Birchbox Treat was a cute little blank card from a company called Tiny Prints.  It's a cute little card and will make a nice Thank You note.  Overall it's not anything special.

There wasn't anything bad in this box.  In fact this months box was a value, I just was not excited about any of the products.  I hadn't been wanting to try any of them, and after using them, am quite sure I won't be purchasing any of them.

If you are interested in learning more about Birchbox click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment