Saturday, June 4, 2011

May 2011 Favorites

I can't believe how fast May has gone.  What a busy month it has been!  Spring keeps threatening to give way to Summer and then all of a sudden Winter is back again knocking on our door.  It's been hard to tell from one day to the next what season we are in.  Where the weather hasn't been reliable, I have found some products that have been.

Hair Care
Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask- Let me start off by saying I hate the packaging.  Its a tub with a big old lid you have to unscrew.  It's bulky and just not convenient.  If it weren't for the packaging this would be the PERFECT product.  It moisturizers my hair, tames all those crazy out of control baby hairs and keeps my hair shiny.  The smell is light and comforting.  I put it on in the tub and let it sit for 10 minutes.  Absolute luxury.

Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Hair Spray- Okay, I'll admit the name is pretty out there, but the product itself is great.  If you need a real stiff hold, this wouldn't be the hair spray for you.  If you want a gentle hold and something to keep all those fly aways under control this is it.  I love the fact you can touch your hair and not feel the hairspray.  Your hair moves naturally, but keeps it's shape.  This is really good stuff.



Skin Care

Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads-one word:  AMAZING.  These wonder pads are loaded with glycolic, salicylic, lactic, linolenic and amino acids.  This is a chemical exfoliater, but don't let the word chemical scare you, it is actually gentler then mechanical exfoliation.  Over time this product promises to reduce pore size, reduce appearance of fine lines and fade age spots.  I can testify that I have noticed an  improvement in all three, BUT that's after using for 2 months.  I didn't notice any definite changes until the last few weeks, however what I am noticing is dramatic.  To make the product last longer I cut the pads in half and store upside down.  That way every time I go to use it, the pad is fully saturated with the solution.


Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant -I use this 2 or 3 times a week on the nights I don't "un-wrinkle".  You use a small amount and rub it into your face.  The texture is similar to a mud mask, but more emollient.  Make sure you only use a very thin layer (why waste?).  This is another chemical exfoliater and uses Alpha Hydroxy Acids to slough away old skin cells and debris.  My skin feels so smooth after using and my moisturizer is rapidly absorbed.

Makeup

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation-  Last month I had almost stopped wearing foundation and this month I am wearing it every chance I get.  Chanel's latest foundation formula is groundbreaking.  The formula is water based and goes on easily.  It doesn't require any special tools to apply, in fact works best when blended with your fingers.  I do dab it with a sponge in my more line prone areas to insure I don't have any creasing.  I would consider it a light to medium coverage with an almost powdery finish.  My freckles are still visible, but my skin tone is evened out.  I don't have to blot at all during the day and I have not experienced any fade out, even after 18 hours of wear.  Unfortunately there's not a lot of shade selection, but hopefully that will improve over time. 

    1 comment:

    1. I think I'm gonna try the Moroccan Oil treatment. Where do you get it? Great idea on the skincare pads, too. I hate when they start to get dry. Such a simple solution. Doh!!!

      ReplyDelete